Sep 22, 2007

Guess my current location now?

Posted by Mr.Keropok


One moment I was in reservist (last week), and the next moment, I have flown 7,000 miles across the oceans of South East Asia and touched down in the Land of the Rising Sun - Japan! This is a picture of my small but sweet and cosy hotel room. Armed with LAN connection, I am still very much connect back to homeland Singapore via the cyberspace.

Why am I here far far away in the land flowing with Sashimi and Udon noodles? Well, am here with my colleagues on a conference trip, hearing some of the top researches in the gaming industry present their latest findings about the cyberspace and its social impacts. To be honest, this is definitely an eye-opener cos I never knew there was so much to understand and research upon regarding computer games and internet.A "mountain turtle" like me always thought that computer games were just about.... Hmmm.. Games?!?! Never thought anything further until I saw this......


Ten thousands of people (both Japanese and foreigners) travelled far and long distances, battled through squeezy and confusing Tokyo train system, endured the warm and weird autumn heat of 31 degrees... just to have a first hand look and try at what are some of the latest games on Playstation3, XBox 360, Nintendo Wii...etc. Amazing!!!

More updates coming up from me soon, so stay tuned!

This is reporter, Sashimi Jay Jay, reporting live from Tokyo.

0 comments: