Oct 4, 2007

The ORIGIN of Sushi & Sashimi....

Posted by Mr.Keropok

I was never a fan of Japanese food.. I didn't like cold noodles, neither did I like goobling down raw food.. and least to mention the taste of that brian-choking and stimulating Wasabi! Yeeks!

But every since last year when I came to Japan, I fell in love with Japanese food. The sushi are really fresh and delicately made by the sushi-master LIVE in front of you. The juicy-ness (pardon my English.. can't find a better word to describe the feeling) of the fresh raw prawns, tuna and salmon... *I am drooling already*... and the formerly yucky Wasabi has turned out to be something exciting and thrilling! It's just like eating spicy stuff... though you sweat like a pig as you eat it, but you just keep coming back for more!

This trip to Tokyo, I had the joy of going down to the Tsukiji Fish Market right smack early in the morning (5:00AM to be exact!) and witness the largest wholesale transactions of fresh seafood! To honest, I wasn't too keen on sushi and sashimi after that morning tour of its origin.. check it out yourself....


Here's how a typical stall in the Tsukiji Fish Market looks like. This is only 5% of the entire wholesale centre!


Check out the size of this GIGANTIC Tuna fish! In length, it is comparable to the height of a 6 year old child.


Alright.. here's my close encounter with this monster! *hey fishy fishy fishy fishy...*


And after come samurai slashing and slicing... here's how they all end up... honestly it was quite a bloody scene on site.


And the prices are really cheap! :)


And typically that's how they all end up. Food on the table for all of us, beautifully designed for our pleasure and consumption. :)

Anyone game for Sakae Sushi buffet soon? :P

0 comments: