Oct 13, 2007

10 New Discoveries about Myself!

Posted by Mr.Keropok

In a span of one week, I have stepped foot into three different countries... Japan, Singapore and Malaysia. Just within 4 days of touchdown back in Singapore from the exciting Tokyo trip, I left swiftly together with my colleagues on a work planning trip to Johor Bahru, Pulai Springs. Phew! It really is quite a mad rush!

But in this season where everything seems to be zooming by at an incredible pace, I have taken snipnets of time here and there to ponder and reflect more about myself, my working style, the way I relate to people and where I get the most job satisfaction out from. Let me share with you these interesting findings and maybe you my dear friends can share some views if these thoughts are accurate!

1. I set very high standards and demands for myself when it comes to work. I demand nothing but excellence from myself.

2. I need alot of sleep. But generally I can still function with little sleep.

3. In busy times, alot of things become functional to me. One clear example is eating. When busy, I don't eat beacause I am hungry, but because I need to.

4. I tend to produce better quality of work when I am hard pressed for time (or given a very tight timeline).

5. I cannot stand sitting around with nothing to do. I must be in the thick of action!

6. I can't sit still for very long.. I will doze off very quickly!

7. Whenever I meet up with people, I will make the best of every effort to share something to value-add to the person. (sounds preachy =P)

8. I am quite a long-winded person.

9. I am a very focused shopper. Get what I need and move on to the next item or event. Thus, window shopping may not be my cup of tea.

10. I tend to process my thoughts within myself first before I would share it with anyone else.

If you have any other inputs which you may have noticed about me, do feel free to comment or tag me about it!

We all live in a crazy hectic world. But learn to take short breaks during these times so as to catch up with your real self. The ancient chinese saying is so so true, "Rest is so that you can go the extra mile!"

0 comments: