Nov 6, 2006

The EeJay you never knew..... My dark secret

Posted by Mr.Keropok

I was sharing a session on "Dangers of Online Strangers" with some youths today. And I shared one of the best kept secrets of my life with them. I bet this secret even most of my close friends never knew..... *eerie music playing in background*

In my secondary school days...I used to have an "online girlfriend" via the mIRc (Internet Relay Chat) and we "dated" for a month. Every night we would have our scheduled "date" at 8PM and we would chat for almost 2 hours, sometimes stretching to 4 hours! However, my fantasy turned to disaster after that when my "online girlfriend" became an "online shark" that would keep pestering me to lend her money because of some family problems. After some advice from friends, I "broke up" with her. I never chatted with strangers anymore. Gosh! Now as I look back, I would never know if this "online girlfriend" was a HIM or HER?!?!?!

So be careful with whom you chat with online... DO NOT chat with strangers and DO NOT disclose any personal particulars. By disclosing your school, level and class... You have just allowed this stranger to narrow down from 4 million people to 40 people.

So think twice before you accept any strange conversation with strangers online. He/She may just be wolf in sheep's clothings.

1 comments:

nulay said...

Lol yo bro, I am very encouraged and inspired by you... let's continue in this journey to serve together! ;)