Jul 9, 2007

It all started with a cup of Kopi-O

Posted by Mr.Keropok

"Hmmm.. what if she doesn't like Kopi-O? What if she rejects me? What if she is busy? I really don't know how to express it to her... How? How? How? Maybe I should wait and try next time?"

Pause. Nope, don't be mistaken. I am not trying to pull off some stun and chase after a girl here. In fact, I am chasing after a lady... the prawn noodle stall auntie at the hawker center next to my office, whom I have gotten to know over the past one year as I work. I am chasing after the auntie to bless her!

I am fresh out of the oven from a church conference over the weekend which really challenged me to live out a lifestyle of being a blessing to others. And it has to be done DELIBERATELY and INTENTIONALLY! Procrastinate and the opportunity will slip by unknowingly. Seize the moment and you will sow a seed of blessing and touch one life.

I overcame all my queries and fears this morning. I bought a cup of Kopi-O, walked like a pink panther sneakily and sprang on the prawn noodle stall auntie. I just told her (in mandarin), "Hey auntie. I noticed everyday you work so hard from morning till night, and I just want to bless you with a cup of Kopi. Hope it refreshes you!"

The smile and appreciation from the auntie just warms my heart. Hey! It wasn't so difficult after all... so much for all those doubtful thoughts in my mind before that... Once I did the blessing, it was so easy!

Tommorrow I am going to do it again. I want to bless the chicken rice stall uncle. The next day the fruit juice stall uncle. I hope I can bless all the stall owners in Bukit Merah Hawker Center within this month!

It is more than just a blessing project... It is about cultivating a new lifestyle... a lifestyle that choose to bless. :)

0 comments: