Aug 9, 2008

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2008

Posted by Mr.Keropok

Enough is enough. Been there and done that, it's time to take a break and try something new next time round. Those were my exact words after having ran two marathons in 2005 and 2006. And guess what? This year I am back again and have signed up for the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2008!!

"Siao ah?!?! Are you addicted to running marathon or what? Haven't you had enough of it? Aren't you afraid of getting injured again like how you did the previous times?"

Yes, these questions which many have asked me have been in my mind when I signed up for this gruelling 42km run. Honestly, I was really hoping I could go for a year-end overseas vacation to give myself a well-deserved break. And putting myself through 42km of pain and toil was the last thing on my mind.

So why did I sign up for the marathon anyway?!?!?!

"I WANT I CAN!" That's the motivation for me running the marathon this year. And I am running this marathon for the youths that I mentor, as a display of living out what I have always believe in - Nothing is impossible. Do not allow negativity or excuses saying that 'I can't' come in the way when we face challenges in life. If we set our hearts to do what is right and be determined to follow through, whatever we want, we can achieve it!

Join me along as I embark on this enduring journey once again. May you be inspired and catch that same persevering spirit as well! Gambatte! Woosh!

0 comments: