Oct 3, 2008

64 Days and counting down....

Posted by Mr.Keropok

That's the number of days left before I enter the battlefield where Mind, Body, Soul and Heart will be challenge - The Standard Chartered Singapore 42KM Marathon 2008. Having completed two previous marathons in 2005 and 2006, I thought I would be rather numb or near dreadful about taking on this year's run, but somehow I am very high spirited and looking forward! The major reason has got to be the fact that I am actually making effort to train for this marathon as compared with previous runs where I just grind my way through.

Special thanks to Shem and Joy whom have been my jogging buddies as we toiled round our Bukit Merah route. It's really motivating to have someone running alongside you, especially someone like Shem whom I can crap with along the way. Hahaha... I REALLY wish we could crap through the entire 42KM!!

Here's the route that I ran with Shem and Joy yesterday after work.. 5.8KM. But it was a killer route with breath-taking up-slopes!

Photobucket

And here's the route that I just ran today.. 6.7KM. Flat terrain but had to battle in my mind to complete the run having already ran yesterday.

Photobucket

My next target would be to run 10KM non-stop!

I'm gonna be blogging more often about our training progress. So keep in tracks with me!

You can also check out Shem's blog @ http://semukun.blogspot.com to see if he enjoyed running with me! Wahahaha...

Acknowledgements: Special thanks to http://42.195km.net/e/jogsim/ for making our jogging route tracking possible!

2 comments:

Shem said...

Bro! You still can run ah! Power le! My knees are hurting liao... went to buy my knee guard thingy today. Should be able to handle the rest of the distance with that. And it is awesome to have a jogging partner like you who is consistent and never give up! Inspiring man! Gambatte!

Mr.Keropok said...

Thanks bro! Let's keep chionging together! am sure by next week or soon, we can conquer the 10km route around Bukit Merah! =)