Feb 26, 2009

I have finally Grown Up....

Posted by Mr.Keropok

During my teenage years,

  1. I didn't look forward to having meals together with my parents because we didn't have much to talk about. Every meal was solemn and very very quiet.
  2. I disliked talking to my parents because almost every conversation would end up in arguments.
  3. I hated going shopping with my parents.
  4. I hated it even more when my mum holds my hands while crossing the road.
Today (I was on leave),
  1. I enjoyed lunch together with my parents. Simple homecooked food, and it was a good time of catching up.
  2. I enjoyed chatting with my mum, just hearing her ventilate, talk about her hobbies, friends and aspects of her daily life.
  3. I went grocery shopping with my mum, helping her choose fruits and vegetables (I am learning from her =D) and carrying them home.
  4. I held the umbrella for my mum while we were out and she held my arms when we crossed the road.
You know what? I believe I have finally grown up. Unknowingly I became busier and busier in live... and unknowingly I began spending less and less time at home... I began overworking and under-relating. As I looked back, I began to realize how much I missed spending time with my family.

Looking ahead, I am making effort to catch up with loss time. I love my family a lot. =D

After 20 over years, I have finally grown up. HOW ABOUT YOU?

PS: This post was inspired after watching the movie "For One More Day". Thank you Mr Jeffrey for introducing this wonderful book to me.

0 comments: