Jan 5, 2009

New Year Resolutions!

Posted by Mr.Keropok

A New Year... A New Beginning, and a time to set New Year Resolutions! But wait... have you ever wondered what's the definition of New Year's Resolution?? So check this out from Wikipedia:

"A New Year's Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous."

So now, check out MY new year's resolution..... Here we go!

1) Read a book per month

2) Watch a DVD per month (must be inspiring shows)

3) Complete Adidas SunDown Marathon & Standard Chartered Marathon, each in sub-5hr 30min timing.

4) Scale to summit of Mount Kinabalu

5) A personal gift/makan treat/movie treat from me for everyone in my youth group


That's as far as I can think of now, will add in more as I get inspired along the way.

Well, truth of the matter is that anyone can set NYRs, but not everyone can achieve it. The key is to set in place practical steps and plans to achieve them. In line with my NYRs, here are some practical steps to be taken:

1) Write down a list of 12 books that I would want to read this year (currently I have 3 in mind already)

2) Setting aside the last Saturday evening of every month for a getaway to catch up with my mounting stack of DVDs!

3) Exercise (either jogs or ball games) at least 2-3 times a week. Currently I jog twice and play soccer once within a week.

4) Plans are already on the way to climb Mt K. in June 2009!

5) One of my youths has emailed me a contact list of everyone's birthday and NOW I am busy logging them into my calenders (email & handphone) with alarms!

Have you listed down your NYRs yet? Take time to pen them down, else it's definitely gonna be another boring year ahead for you.

If you have listed your NYRs, then may I challenge you to put actions to words. =D

0 comments: