Oct 1, 2006

Those were the days....

Posted by Mr.Keropok


While doing some mini spring cleaning of my cupboard today, I stumbled upon some photos taken in 2003 from one of my church camps. I was laughing my lungs off when I saw how "retro" or "tut-tut" we all look last time.. Gosh! Those were the days man! haha..

What encourages me the most was to know that everyone of us have grown (apart from physical) and matured so much in these past three years. Three years ago, I would never have imagine myself to be where I am today. I would not have imagine myself conquering marathons, achieving my honors and masters' degree, doing public speaking in front of hundreds of students nor even to have such a great family!

Of course these past 3 years were not all smooth sailings as there has been many hiccups along the way.. that's life! But we should always learn to live our lives in light of the future and what we hope to see. Not be caught up and overwhelmed by our past or present problems.

Three years ago, I was fearful of speaking even in a small group setting. Each time I was called to do a presentation, I would stutter and break into cold sweat. But I always have a dream that one day I can stand in front of a huge crowd (something like assembly) and speak confidently. So I worked hard on it, making full use of each project presentation and church group sharing to help me gain confidence and boldness. It was quite tough in the beginning and there were times I just felt I wasn't good enough and wanted to give up. But I didn't want to known as a "Quitter" for the rest of my life, and I just kept trying. In end 2004, at one of the volunteer program which I was helping out in, I had the opportunity to share this part of my journey with over 1,000 students in a school assembly setting. I did it!

Do you have a dream for yourself? If you do not yet have a dream for your future.. it's still not too late to pen down one now. If yes, start living your life in light towards achieving this dream.

Go Deep... Look Far.... Ask Big!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh!!.. the retro pictures really very funny.. ya i'll learn to dream big. maybe 2009 you will have another such post, definitely my picture will be there.. :P