Nov 20, 2006

Feed me bananas!!!

Posted by Mr.Keropok

Last year, I took 6 hours 5 minutes 23 seconds to completed the gruelling 42.125KM marathon.. During those 6 long hours, walking has NEVER EVER been that painful before. Even plain water taste like ice cold coca-cola man!

In 2 weeks time, I am CRAZILY gonna take on the same challenge of the marathon once again! This time round, enhanced by the 100KM-fast-walking skills imparted two weeks ago, I am SETTING A GOAL of 5 hours 45 minutes for myself. It's time to get those flabby leg muscles into royal rumble action once again!

Goal setting is important.. It give us a vision of where we aim to be or what to accomplish. A famous author once wrote, "Without vision, the people perish." How true it is.. when we do not have an end in mind of what we aim to achievement, the entire journey become laborious and purposeless. We won't be motivated in anyway and it will be a matter of time before the thought of giving up becomes reality!

5 hours 45 minutes.. join me in this enduring conquest either by running with me, cheering me on, or maybe feeding me with bananas along the way!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

SG : Hiya, 2days to marathon. Eat well, rest well, sleep well, dont "cheong", take it easy, dont get demoralised if older or "heavy & over-weight" people run past, break down your journey into checkpoints - easier to clear. If you can find SG the roaming checkpoint, she will reward you with a banana :) May the force be with you!