Nov 9, 2006

I slept with the dogs in Pulau Ubin!

Posted by Mr.Keropok

Today I was on a recce trip in Pulau Ubin, to check out a hiking route for an upcoming youth adventure in a month's time. Guess what? This must have been my 10th trip to Ubin this year! Think I only came once to Ubin in the past 26 years of my life! Well, cycling, hiking, camping... I have conquered almost everything in Ubin just this year... except swimming in the quarry! keke..

Just when I thought I had seen it all in Ubin... check out this spectacular shot I took on a high cliff overseeing one of the quarries! I have never been to this place before, but thanks to my buddy Chriz whom was with me on today's trip... Beautiful right?

My strangest encounter in Ubin today was when me and Chriz slept at the jetty together with wild dogs while waiting for the bum boat ride back to mainland! It was late morning and there weren't many people wanting to leave Ubin. And the bum boat driver insistently would not leave unless there were 12 passengers! Bored and with the Z-monster catching up with us, all we could do was to stare blankly at the three wild dogs having their afternoon nap! Gosh! Dogs are having a better life than us! We joined in the nap for almost 45minutes before leaving Ubin. (When you can't beat them, you join them! haha.. *joking joking*)

Simple lifestyle and relaxed pace in Pulau Ubin... A total contrast from our daily lives back home, in school and workplace. Today's trip was not really an adventure quest, but it did help me appreciate life, nature and creation much more. Life is beautiful! Woohoo!!!

0 comments: