Dec 27, 2006

My Very First Christmas Tree!!!

Posted by Mr.Keropok


Yes! This year I bought a Christmas Tree to decorate my house.. the very first in my entire life! This year, I decided to invite some youths over to my place for a Christmas gathering and celebration. So in order to spice up the atmosphere, I got the youths to help me buy a Christmas tree. Boy! We sure had lotsa fun dolling and decorating the tree! Check out the photos man! =)

In my childhood days, Christmas was all about this fat fat Santa Claus fairy tale. It was soon exposed that there is NO Santa Clause, but just my Dad disguising as one. =P Soon in my teenage years, Christmas became all about PRESENTS! I was always anticipating presents from others! haha.. But somehow as age catches up with me.. the "presents" factor seem to decrease. What really mattered to me most about Christmas was to have close friends and family come together in celebration. What defines Christmas is not the presents nor Santa Claus. What defines Christmas was the PEOPLE!

As we had the mini Christmas celebration the next day, it was a joy to see all the youths coming. As I just sat at one corner and observed them playing games, a warm sensation overwhelmed my heart and I had to hold back my tears. Every of these youths have had a journey walked through with me. And as I recollected these moments or joy and tears together, I am greatly encouraged!

When I was young, somebody walked across the room FOR ME... Today, I am walking across the room FOR THEM. The greatest present I received this Christmas is to see lives of these youths being transformed! =)

0 comments: