Dec 24, 2006

From Hero to Zero?!?!?

Posted by Mr.Keropok

Just came back from a 3D2N youth camp, clocking less than 6 hours of sleep over the two days, battling the crazy rain (which results in highest rainfall in S'pore in 75 years!) and making sure the camp continues to run smoothly. It was challenging indeed, but we pulled it through! Yay! Glad to see that all the participants enjoyed themselves. =)

My most challenging and also memorable moment in the camp was having to dress up for the night game CLUEDO. In this game, all I was told was that I would be casted as an old grandfather, and the rest was up to my imagination and freewill. Up till the day of the camp, I was still clueless on how to dress myself up. 3 hours before the game started, I bought a singlet from Watsons, grabbed my trackpants and waistpouch, borrowed a bottle of baby powder.. and off I went ahead!

Gosh! Just imagine 2 weeks ago I was acting as the suave and cool-looking JUDGE, and today I am down and out dressed as a pot-bellied AH-PEK! Well, all for the sake of making the game fun and entertaining the youths whom sacrificed their sleep to play this game. Today I am famous wherever I go and the youths are shouting for me "林伯伯" across the room! *paiseh*

Unglam.. Ugly.. Laughing stock.. It doesn't matter. For a good cause, I am willing the make the "sacrifice" and take on the challenge. Honestly, I am not an acting sort of person, but I chose to be part of the game so as to challenge myself to try something new and be out of my comfort zone!

The year HAS NOT come to an end yet and I'm gonna keep on track with a couple more adventurous trails.. So stay tuned soon for more dramatic outlook! Woohoo!

0 comments: