Sep 12, 2008

My Love Story (The Malaysian Version)

Posted by Mr.Keropok

Sharing with everyone this special post written by a dear friend of mine.

Disclaimer: Please read with discretion! =) Stay tuned to my blog for the true blue Singapore version of the story.

So sit tight and enjoy this story.....

So yes, this is the story of a "couple" of my friends. And how the met. And how friendship blossomed into a tree bearing much fruit. Before I go on, I must admit, I have to preconceived idea that Singaporean girls generally are more aggressive compared to Malaysian girls. And I still do think so.

On one of the days during the trip, I asked my new found friend called C, how her relationship with my other new found friend called E happened. She proceeded to produce a a little story slightly south of the truth. When I asked E, a differing story came up. And when I asked the rest of my newly found friends, even more disparities were produced. So I guess I shall hope off the bandwagon and merge my little puzzle here.

I managed to find some cute and archived pictures from this blogger, very creative I must say. Anyways, I'll be using some of her material as part of this story. So all credit goes to her for pictures. =)

Anyways, the story goes like this...

For a long, long, long, while, our friend C has been waiting for a burning ember to spark up her life. But like the saying goes... it's hard to hit a moving target.



Yet somehow, it never happened. What to do? Wait summore lorrrr.



And then suddenly... E appears out of nowhere. Why? Because when we keep our eyes so peeled for something ahead, we never learn to appreciate what has always been around... Hehe. So the moral of this story is... don't tunnel vision. Later low SA (Situational Awareness), then GG.

So they became friends on a mission trip. Wahseh, holy fate + destiny + galaxy colliding + etc etc + please_insert_own_ideas_here. But this is where it gets interesting. C says, that she thinks E is too friendly.

There's such a thing? O.o

And before E can do anything, he's already pwned by the force of a woman's mind. Because in a woman's head... friendly = player.

Everyone say: First Blood!

But yes, E is friendly and warm. So when C sees this, she panics and puts out the fire before there is even a hint of smoke. Yet, she cannot help but already be captured by his presence and charm...



So as the usual corny story goes, time flies by, they become good friends and then they begin to notice each other and then and then and and then. And before we know it, voila.



Being the wonderful rolemodels that they are, they return to their mentors and pastors and "tribes" and begin to consult wisdom from age and experience. Soon they gather up their thoughts and said to themselves... "Why not?".

And from there, C begins to allow E to win her heart. Awwww.

But for that to happen. One of the following must arise...




I'll let you decide for now which one arose. Hahaha.

Nevertheless, as E arised to win C's heart, he embarks on a quest so fearless that it requires him to have faith and the heart of a lion. After all, to win a girls' heart is no easy feat. It requires someone like the above four pictures to rise up deep within. Haha. But the truth is, Someone even better must arise first.

And so E prepares himself. And when the opportunity arose, mathematical formula proved true.

Opportunity + Preparation = Destiny ready to be taken hold of!



A girl will never give in that easily. Obviously because they are complicated creatures which complicate the mind of men. But in the end, with faith and courage, and perhaps a little encouragement from the brothers above...



E wins C's heart. And now they have embarked on a journey ever so beautiful. Even though I do not know the entire story to the point. And neither do I know both of them ever so well, but this I do know...

"And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken."
Ecclesiastes 4:12

So, to E and C. May you both be blessed on this journey. And may I be invited to your wedding day. Hopefully not to present this blogpost. Hahaha.



You're both wonderful rolemodels and mentors to a generation in desperate need of guides in faith, hope and love. And as you both look to our King, may you both radiate with his presence and grace. And above all, may you both radiate with, and in, His love. As we fight for the future, I continue to hope in standing by your sides, fighting for the Cause and for life. With God, less is indeed more.



"What the world needs now, more than ever before, are every day heroes who are ready, willing and able to make a difference." -
Greg Hickman


PS: Why do I say Singaporean girls are more aggressive? Because they tend to make the first move more often than not. After all, a girl must give clear signals. Guys are dumb when it comes to picking up hints. But we were still made first. So there. =P

0 comments: