Oct 11, 2008

I am a Force to be Reckoned with!

Posted by Mr.Keropok

... (continued from previous post).... I slotted in my debut token and started my first arcade game adventure. I lost the first game within 5 minutes. Not satisfied, I put in another token again. This time I won the first game but lost the second. Without consideration, I put in another token and before I knew it, 2 hours had just zipped by and I have finished up my $5 worth of tokens!

I left the arcade center feeling proud of my achievements within those 2 hours... It was a satisfying feeling long never felt before, definitely not when I am playing on the real soccer pitch with my friends. I thought to myself, "Hmm.. I kinda talented in Virtual Soccer. Give it a few more tries, I am sure I can do much better and beat any player who tries to challenge me! And this is definitely better than slogging out on the court with my friends whom always tease me. If I excel in this game, I will be King!"

Subsequently, days hanging out in the arcade center snowballed to months. What started out as Fun soon became an Obsession (or should I say addiction even). My reputation in the arcade center grew as I got better by the day on the virtual soccer field. I would attract a fairly large crowd watching me play and even cheering me on when I challenge other players.

"Wow! In school, I am a Nobody.... In this game, I am Somebody. I am a Force to be reckon with! Don't mess with me or I will trash you!"

News spread like wildfire and soon my classmates got wind of my new found fame on being the 'King of Virtual Soccer'. Now, no longer do they tease me, but instead they are asking me for tips and advices on how to play well in Virtual Soccer! Sometimes I would hear my classmates whisper to students from other classes...

"Hey, EeJay is really good at Virtual Soccer! He trashes everyone whom challenges him at the arcade center! If you need advice on the game, you should look for EeJay! He's a Pro!"

Gosh! I suddenly feel like the Senior Consultant of Virtual Soccer! *smug look on my face*

I was simply basking and enjoying this new found fame until things came crashing down to earth when one day a student from another class came up to me and said..... (to be continued)...

0 comments: