Nov 28, 2006

Stop trying to be Superman!

Posted by Mr.Keropok

"I am functioning like Superman now. But if I don't recognize that I can't function alone and need people's help & support, I'm gonna be a DEAD Superman soon!

These words were spoken by my mentor recently and now I am beginning to understand so much about it. Looking ahead, the month of December is a crazy schedule for me with all the camps and special events preparations. Alot of times in the course of preparing, I wanted to just handle everything by myself, feeling that I can do a much better job since I am in control. I feel like I am Superman!

True as it may be... I can do a great job for one, two events. But how long more can I last? Taking everything on by myself further would push me down the road of burning out. I need help and support... else I'm really gonna be a DEAD Superman soon!

These past two weeks, I delegated some of the workload to let others handle and it really helped me alot. Not only is my workload lightened, but I also appreciate the joy and fun of working together as a group. Just as life is, no man is an island and we all need one another! Being Superman can be glamorous, but definitely lonely and tiring.

The world doesn't need a Superman to do extraordinary things. The world needs ordinary men and women, combining their ordinary powers which would make extraordinary postive impact!

1 comments:

Mr.Keropok said...

Don't worry guys.. I am still surviving and very much ALIVE! haha..

This Superman post is a reflection of what I have learnt this past two weeks. Precious lesson! =)