Dec 10, 2006

D.O.T.A... My Very First Encounter.. (Part II)

Posted by Mr.Keropok

My first enemy encountered... two slashes from him and I died! Apparently I had wasted precious time during the "briefing".. now my character was only level 5 and everyone else is level 19 & above! No wonder my character "die" so easily!!! *faintz* I tried my best for another good 15 minutes.. and I gave up. The imaginary tombstone of my virtual character reads this: "Level 10. Good try, better luck next time!"

The game is pretty fun and I can understand why many youths like it so much. The sense of satisfaction and achievement when you get to level up, defeat opponents and attain ultimate special power. The winning sensation really feels like world domination! But in the midst of conquest and levelling up the virtual character, have we spared a thought for our real life character ourselves? Are we also levelling up in real life too?

Much as gaming offers alot of fun, but also take note that it can be a danger ground for escapism, false sense of achievement, and ultimately addiction! Kings in virtual world, noobs in reality... Is that what we want to be? It's still not too late to plug yourselves out.

0 comments: